Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Jerry Bruckheimer

I can't believe I'm posting a blog about Jerry Bruckheimer that has nothing to do with his god-awful movies. I was looking on iTunes the other night and happened upon his Celebrity Playlist. Apparently he and I have similar tastes in music, which I guess makes him my Vincent of Vincent's Picks from that Seinfeld episode. If you haven't seen it, here's the short version: Elaine falls in love with this video store employee based on his taste in movies, only to find out he's a pimply-faced teenager. I don't know why she was surprised, because every video store employee fits that description. But I digress.

If I was just going on musical taste alone, I would have to conclude that Jerry Bruckheimer, perpetrator of such atrocities as "The Rock," "ConAir," and "Pearl Harbor" is my soulmate. The man responsible for the CSI shows as well as Nicolas Cage's presence in pop culture likes Billy Joel! He also picked my favorite Rascal Flatts song, and that 50 Cent song I like (not that one, the good one).

Now don't get me wrong. No soulmate is perfect. Bruckheimer also selected songs from Rob "Matchbox 20" Thomas, Josh Groban, and that Coolio song from "Dangerous Minds" (yes, that one). But all things being equal, I think we could make it work. Perhaps I'll start objectifying women and blowing things up, too.